Location is TBD
Nourished Food=Nourished Family Training (1)
Calling all mothers, maternal health workers, and the community, we are looking to train you to become a Food Wellness Leader!
Time & Location
Location is TBD
About the event
Nourished Food = Nourished Families is designed to provide black and brown mothers, families, birth workers, educators, and the community with the wisdom, support, and confidence needed to redefine their wellness through food education.
During this transformational training we will learn:
- Foods for a healthy pregnancy, birth, and postpartum
- How to grow, harvest, and preserve your own food
- How to prepare nourishing meals
- Using plant medicine for optimal wellness
- and much more!
Through this training, our vision is to:
- Reduce maternal and infant mortality and morbidity
- Reduce food insecurity
- Reduce the prevalence of chronic illness and food related diseases
- Increase the amount of families who are well nourished
Each cohort has 4 workshops. You must be able to attend all four workshops to complete the training.
This 4 week training will be coming to multiple locations throughout Allegeheny county beginning in March 2023. Each cohort will train 15 leaders on how to heal themselves and their families to create generational health.
Mothers who complete all four sessions will recieve $250 to jumpstart their nourishing food lifestyle!
To register and to learn more, please complete the entering questionnaire and secure your spot for all remaining cohorts.
We have limited childcare for 10 children. Review the full schedule below. Each cohort is a new training. You must attend the 4 consecutive workshops.
Last cohort for the 2023 Season (Location and dates have changed!!)
Location: 1908 Wylie Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- August 16, 2023 5pm-7:30pm
- August 23, 2023 5pm-7:30pm
- August 30, 2023 5pm-7:30pm
- September 6, 2023 5pm-7:30pm
Register and secure your spot now!